Today more than a quarter of all marriages in England take place before God in the traditional setting of a Church of England church. You’re welcome to marry in church whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are baptised and whether or not you go to church.

We are always delighted to hold weddings at St John’s. There are, however, several regulations governing who can be married in our church. Before any arrangements can be made, you must first fill out this initial marriage form. In the case of a divorced person wishing to remarry then the marriage after divorce form should also be completed in conjunction with marriage after divorce advice leaflet.

Due to a rise in fraudulent marriage you will be asked from the beginning to provide proof of identity and address. Couples may be asked to provide further evidence that we are entitled to legally marry them in this country.

An organist can be supplied for £100.00. Our choir can sing for an extra fee of £100.

The cost of flowers is separate and will need to be negotiated or you may wish to provide your own.

If you have made an appointment to see the vicar, having filled out the initial form, please fill out as much of this marriage form as possible in preparation.

If you are applying to have banns read in this church to be married elsewhere, you will need to fill out this Banns of Marriage Away form and contact the vicar. The fee for reading the Banns in these circumstances is payable in advance.

The fees payable are as dictated by the Diocese in their Table of Parochial Fees.

Wedding blessings

If you would like to have your wedding blessed or a renewal of vows, you will need to contact the vicar directly.

If you were married over a year ago, there is a fee of £200.
If you have been married less than a year, there is a fee of £400.
Both of these figures are inclusive of £100 booking fee to be paid when the agreement is made.

In both cases, a refundable cash deposit of £200 will be requested 7 days before the service.

If you are not a regular member of our congregation, you will need to sign and return a contract agreeing to this.

Printer Printable Version